First off, what is a MEME? A meme (pronounced 'meem') is an element of a culture or behavior that may be passed from one individual to anohter by nongenetic means, esp. imitation.
Oh, okay. Now I get it (sorta). I got the Christmas MEME below from here, and completed it two years ago here. I thought I'd revist it and see if any of the answers changed. :)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate, hands down...and hot lattes in red Starbies cups.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps 'em, I wrap 'em, we all wrap'em. Cute paper's where it's at! I goal to DIY some paper this year.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Little bit'o both. Lately I've been having visions of a fake white tree adorned with pink lights. :)
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I did in 2011. See here. But since then, no.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
The past two years it has been tradition for my cousin, Claudia, to be over Black Friday and Christmas-fy the house then. This year, it'll be the first weekend of December when I'm back in New York.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Stuffed aritchokes, stuffed mushrooms, fried cauliflower, and broccoli & cheese casserole.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Playing with the figurines in our nativity set...pretending that they were Bo Peep and TomTom from March of the Wooden soldiers. Also going to the meet-Santa Christmas Brunch at my elementary school. Also...Christmas Eve at Grandma's house!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember how I learned the truth, but I think when was in 7th or 8th grade.
Yeah...I believed for a long long time, and then was in denial for about two years.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes. Always have. Just one...or two...first at Grandma's, then at Aunt Laura's, and in most recent years at Tomas's grandparents' house.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
No theme, no consistency...just years worth of collected ornaments and multicolored lights.
...and no more tinsel b/c we have kitty boops that could choke.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it when I'm off work and it first falls. Hate it when I have work and it's old and dirty.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes. Take me, please?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Yes. I was in 6th grade, I wanted to be Storm from X-Men, and under the tree was an X-men Movie Maker computer game. I believe I was a hermit in the computer room the whole rest of that year's Christmas vacation.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
The time spent with people you love. It's so hard to get together regularly, and the holidays are designated 'be with loved ones' days. ♥ ♥
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
My tiramisu, and biscotti...for dipping in coffee and tea.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I love the making and mailing of our Christmas card each year, the trip to Rockafellar Center to see the tree with friends, and as of last year I love the idea of Christmas Karaoke. I look forward each Christmas to making holiday traditions with my own future family.
17. What tops your tree?
It's been a star these past years.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I love giving a gift that I know the reciever will love, but I hate the pressure of needing to give gifts.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
The smell: YUM.
20. Favorite Christmas movie?
21. Saddest Christmas Song?
22. What is your favorite Christmas song?
See my 16-Song holiday soundtrack.