...and the wheels just keep on turning...
Since recapping what I took away from the Alt for Everyone Blog Summit last week, I have spent the last few days planning, writing lists, domain mapping, creating an editorial calendar, coming up with new ideas ...and the wheels just keep on turning... I feel this being a productive and happy season in terms of my virtual headquarters, and I look forward to sharing it with you guys soon.
Here are some things keeping me motivated, focused, and inspired - and therefore productive:
- going back and re-reading my take-aways from Alt Summit
- seeing fellow lifestyle blogger Ann-Marie Espinoza in Artful Blogging magazine
- watching Bri Emery's creative morning talk
- reading the first part of Elise Joy's buisness story
- Joy Cho's keynote speech at Alt Summer 2014
- the fabulousness that is The Alison Show's website
- stumbling upon and reading Elise Joy's take-aways from Alt Summit (just now)
- ABM girls on working from home
- this blog post featuring Leah Reena Goren for some unknown reason
- reading how Jen Gotch reset her life
All of the above is why I got so bent out of shape when I spilled a half a can of soda on my laptop - the portal to my virtual headquarters - the other day. But you know what they say: OBSTACLES ARE PLACED IN OUR WAY TO SEE IF WHAT WE WANT IS REALLY WORTH FIGHTING FOR. My clumsiness and naivety are often my own obstacles, but I combat it by learning from them and moving forward.
I am handling my ( blog ) business, spills or no spills. Here we go, yo.